Customer Service Representative
Position: Customer Service Representative / Cashier
Schedule: 9am – 5pm M-F + Saturday 9am-1pm (once a month)
Summary: Nottawa Gas Company is a family owned business, which provides home heating LP gas to seven counties in southwest MI. In addition to this service, Nottawa Gas has two retail locations, which offer a wide variety of pet food and supplies, wildbird seed, feeders and accessories, birdhouses, grills & grill components and other garden/home products. The customer service representative greets and assists retail customers as well as answers phone inquiries for LP gas customers, daily filing and offers general account maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Provides excellent customer service when working with internal/external customers
- Performs general retail sale duties; assisting customers with products/transactions
- Creates and maintains LP gas accounts in customer database
- Communicates with LP gas drivers about daily schedule and gas account updates
- Continuously files customer cards throughout the day
- Assists in scheduling of Gas Safety Checks
Knowledge,Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to use a personal computer, cash register, and multi-line phone system
- Basic math skills required with ability to use simple algebraic formulas
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and meet set goals for department
- Ability to collaborate with co-workers
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be able to type
- Must be detail oriented
- Possess effective time management skills
- Must be able to familiarize self with various products
- Ability to exercise independent judgment as necessary
Working Conditions/ Equipment Utilized:
Work is performed indoors in a retail environment with some outdoor activity. The Customer Service position is required to work a variety of scheduled hours including weekdays, some holidays and Saturdays. The position requires everyday use of the telephone, computer, calculator, touch-screen cash register with barcode scanner, fax machine, photocopier, and credit card machine. There is use of a coffee machine, broom/mop and bottle fill station.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.The Customer Service person is regularly required to sit, stand for long periods of time, stoop, bend, reach, carry, point, push and pull up to 200 lbs. They must be able to lift weights up to 50 lbs. They must have manual dexterity to operate a touch-screen register & keyboard computer and carry bags of birdseed and awkward shaped birdfeeders. They must have correctable vision to read the computer screen. They must be able to perform the various tasks of the job, which requires continuous and repetitive arm, hand and wrist movement.