Full-time Bobtail Driver at Tekonsha Store
Nottawa Gas Company is a family owned business, which provides home heating LP Gas to seven counties in southwest MI. In addition to this service, Nottawa Gas has two retail locations, which offer a wide variety of pet food and supplies, wildbird seed, feeders and accessories, birdhouses, grills & grill components and other garden/home products. This Full-Time Position, has a regular M-F schedule, occasional Saturdays, with one week a month of on-call duty. Requires a current CDL license with tanker and hazmat endorsements. Knowledge of local area is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of this position and are not intended, to be all inclusive.
- Loads, secures, transports, delivers, and unloads propane to and from specified destinations.
- Inspects vehicle and notifies supervisor of needed equipment, supplies, or routine maintenance.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with regulations and company procedures.
- Operates truck in accordance to established safety procedures.
- During daily interaction with customers provides exceptional customer service by supplying service information, accepting payments and answering inquiries.
- Requires on-call rotation for after hours and weekend emergency deliveries or response.
- Must possess a drive, determination, professionalism, and the desire to be a team member.
- Meet all DOT requirements.
- May be asked to service Gas Safety Check inspections
- Also may assist team with bottle fills at store station.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Class B CDL license with air brake, hazmat, and tanker endorsements
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test and Homeland Security Background Check
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 year driving experience
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to use a hand-held point of delivery device and multi-line phone system
- Basic math skills required
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and meet set goals for department
- Ability to collaborate with co-workers
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction
- Ability to communicate effectively